Here at A PATTERN Medical Clinic, you can have your cake and eat it too! Attend your doctor’s appointment from the convenience of wherever you are. We offer two options: video call and audio call. As long as you have a smartphone or a computer with a front facing camera you can qualify for video call with one of our providers. NOTE: Telehealth appointments are only available for established patients.
What is the cost of a Telehealth appointment?
A Telehealth appointment with one of our providers can be covered by your insurance. Our staff will contact your insurance on your behalf and submit a claim.
How can I schedule and appointment?
A PATTERN Medical Clinic has the ability for you to schedule your Telehealth appointments online. After scheduling your appointment online and choosing Telehealth, additional information will be sent to your email address.
Before your upcoming visit is confirmed, please verify that all your contact information is correct.
I scheduled my appointment, what happens next?
Before you meet with our providers for your Telehealth appointment, one of our A PATTERN Medical Clinic Staff members will contact you. Our staff members will collect your past medical history, along with weight, height, blood pressure, heart rate, etc…
After speaking with our staff, your provider will call to start your virtual visit.
What topics can be discussed with your provider via Telehealth
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Cold Sores
- Canker Sores
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, styes
- Female urinary tract infections
- Head Lice
- Infected toenail or fingernail
- Mild Sunburn
- Minor Burns
- Minor Rashes (e.g. Impetigo, Shingles, Ringworm)
- Poison Ivy
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
++ some symptoms attributed to your illness may require an in office visit with the provider ++
+++ Some medications can be renewed via Telehealth (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) +++
Conditions that CANNOT be discussed via Telehealth
- No chest Pain
- No diarrhea
- No new cold
- No new sore throat
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No newly onset cough
- No pelvic/genital/rectal/breast exams
- No physicals or Sport Physicals
- No pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No prescriptions over one month
- No psychiatric conditions
- No referrals to specialists
- No STD’s or STI’s
- No suturing
- No suturing, suturing removal or wound care
- No workers compensation or occupational health visits
We cannot assess Children under 6 months of age via Telehealth.